Friday 28 June 2013

In celebration of America's move in the right direction, some quotes on equality

"Women's rights is not only an abstraction, a cause; it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us; it is also about me and you. Just the two of us." – Toni Morrison

"Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values." – Ellen DeGeneres

"I'm not going to give up campaigning for equality until I get equality." – Louis de Bernieres

“I do not think, sir, you have any right to command me, merely because you are older than I, or because you have seen more of the world than I have; your claim to superiority depends on the use you have made of your time and experience.”  - Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte

“Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth” – Joss Whedon

“If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?” – The Merchant of Venice, William Shakespeare


Love is love” – Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment