Wednesday 5 June 2013

Some mid-week inspiration

To get us all through the long toils of the working week, I thought I'd write some of my favourite literary quotes. Feel free to add your own in the comments!


"I will show you fear in a handful of dust" - T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land

"I am happiest now when most away,
I can tear my soul from its mould of clay,
On a windy night when the moon is bright,
And my eye can wander through worlds of light
When I am not nor none besdies,
Nor earth, nor sea, not cloudless sky,
But only spirit wandering wide through infinite immensity" - Emily Bronte, Unpublished Poem

'If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it.' - Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

"Love was not something to be loaned and taken back again, or proffered in the hope of reward. It was a gift - a part of one's heart, freely bestowed, and with it as a matter of course went loyalty; the two were indivisible" - M.M. Kaye, The Far Pavilions

'The greatest ideas are the simplest' - William Golding, Lord of the Flies

'In the end there were only the birds'- Pat Barker, Union Street

'It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be' - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


I'll be submitting more creative pieces very soon. And remember everyone, the weekend is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment