Monday 14 October 2013

Hiding a Secret From God, Part Two: Fear

There shouldn't be another me. The Lord makes us all as individuals. I want to close my eyes but what if she moves, jumps out and gets me? She is not me, of that I am certain. So what is she?
   As a child I thought I was staring into my soul., begging me to free her. I ran at the little girl and she ran towards me and in a smash of stabbing pain and shrieks that shards of my soul dug into my flesh. Doctors and nurses stabbing me more with tubes and needles: silly little girl, Mother said. Yes, I know, it's a silly fear really. A child's fantasy. My soul is in me, where God placed it.
   And yet, whenever I see myself stood before me I feel that pain.
   Ah, but here I am safe. Under the watchful eye of Mother Superior. There is no need to look at myself. What is outside is trivial, merely trivial, compared to what is within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment